March 28, 2017
1034 Miner Farm Rd
Chazy, NY 12921
(additional attendee $20.00 ea.)
HostEastern New York Commercial Horticulture
Register for this Event Now
Effective Orchard Spraying & Navigating NEWA Workshop- Champlain ValleyMarch 28, 2017
Effective Orchard Spraying - Morning
Understand how to improve your timeliness and therefore apply sprays when needed and not be forever chasing the calendar. Correct application at the correct time will allow you to make better use of your time and materials over the season.
This in-depth training course on better spray application techniques will:-
• Improve your knowledge of spray techniques leading to better deposition and less drift
• Improve your timeliness of application resulting in better disease and insect control
• Reduce off-target drift keeping you within the law
• Show you how to modernize your existing sprayer
• Inform you of new developments in sprayer design keeping you up-to-date
• Help you potentially reduce pesticide use thus improving your profitability.
Navigating NEWA - Afternoon
Learn the ins-and-outs of the NEWA system (Network for Environment and Weather Applications). Learn how to efficiently navigate the NEWA interface, including how to get weather data, access station specific pages, and effectively utilize models for insects, diseases, crop thinning, and irrigation.
Bring your Laptop or Smart Device!!
• Weather Data & Station Pages
• Degree Day Calculator NEW
• Insect pest models
• Disease pest models
• Apple thinning model
• Irrigation model
• RainWise Weather Stations
***PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED! ***
Effective Orchard Spraying/ NEWA Full Agenda (PDF; 544KB)