Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture Enrollment

Program Areas

  • Food Safety
  • Variety Evaluation
  • Market Development
  • Pest Management
  • Cultural Practices

Enrollment Benefits

  • Telephone / Email Consultations
  • Newsletter
  • Direct Mailings
  • Educational Meetings & Conferences
  • In-Field Educational Opportunities
  • On-Farm Research Trials

ENYCH Enrollment Info (PDF; 1101KB)

Enrollee Login


Log In To Access:

  • Helpful Diagnostic Tool:
      What's wrong with my crop?
Event Offers DEC Credits

Event Details

Date

February 6, 2018

Time

10am-12pm and 1pm-3pm

Location

CCE Clinton County
6064 Route 22, Suite 5
Plattsburgh, NY 12901

Host

Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture


Clinton County Pesticide Recertification Day

February 6, 2018


Cost: $10 for the morning session and $10 for the afternoon session (2 core recertification credits per session)

Why: No matter what category your license is in, your recertification credits must be 25% in your category. The other 75% can be core OR category. We are offering CORE credits in Entomology, Weeds, IPM and Pesticide Safety.


*Important* Categories 1-13 are on a 3 year cycle. Categories 21-41 are on a 5 year cycle. Check the DEC website for more information.


Sign up at this link: https://reg.cce.cornell.edu/PesticideRecertification_209


For more information contact Sara Bull- (518)561-7450 or slk95@cornell.edu





more crops
Apples

Apples

Apricots

Apricots

Asparagus

Asparagus

Beets

Beets

Blueberries

Blueberries

Broccoli

Broccoli

Brussels Sprouts

Brussels Sprouts

Cabbage

Cabbage

Carrots

Carrots

Cauliflower

Cauliflower

Cherries

Cherries

Cucumbers

Cucumbers

Dry Beans

Dry Beans

Eggplant

Eggplant

Ethnic Vegetables

Ethnic Vegetables

Garlic

Garlic

Grapes

Grapes

Horseradish

Horseradish

Kohlrabi

Kohlrabi

Leeks

Leeks

Lettuce / Leafy Greens

Lettuce / Leafy Greens

Melons

Melons

Nectarines

Nectarines

Onions

Onions

Parsnips

Parsnips

Peaches

Peaches

Pears

Pears

Peas

Peas

Peppers

Peppers

Plums

Plums

Potatoes

Potatoes

Pumpkins / Gourds

Pumpkins / Gourds

Radishes

Radishes

Raspberries / Blackberries

Raspberries / Blackberries

Rhubarb

Rhubarb

Rutabaga

Rutabaga

Snap Beans

Snap Beans

Squash - Summer

Squash - Summer

Squash- Winter

Squash- Winter

Strawberries

Strawberries

Sweet Corn

Sweet Corn

Sweet Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

Tomatoes

Tomatoes

Turnips

Turnips

more crops
view calendar of events

Upcoming Events

view calendar of events

Announcements

Weed Management in Strawberries - Video

Dr. Bryan Brown, Integrated Weed Management Specialist with the New York State Integrated Pest Management Program, begins by discussing general weed management principles, then reviews the weed control recommendations of the Cornell Pest Management Guidelines for Berry Crops, and finishes with a case study of Shenk Berry Farm.

This was recorded at the 2018 ENYCHP Eastern New York Fruit & Vegetable Conference held February 20th and 21st. 

Check out the link on Youtube here.


Confused by the WPS (Worker Protection Standard)?

Please take note: WPS pertains to all farms-organic and conventional!  To be sure that you are complying with these regulations, please view the EPA link below:
https://www.epa.gov/sites/production/files/2015-09/documents/comparison-chart-wps.pdf

Growing for Wholesale: Grading and Packing Guides

Grading and packing guidelines are now available for 16 commonly grown specialty crops in NYS: broccoli crowns, Brussels sprouts, corn, green peppers, cucumbers, green cabbage, red cabbage, savory cabbage, cauliflower, eggplant, green beans, jalapenos, poblanos, Hungarian hot peppers, summer squash, and zucchini. Find all 24 sheets online at: https://rvpadmin.cce.cornell.edu/uploads/doc_612.pdf

This resource was developed through the support of Cheryl Thayer of CCE Harvest NY, Dave Walczak of Eden Valley Growers, Angela Parr and Robert Hadad of the CCE Cornell Vegetable Program, and Jim Monahan of Cornell Cooperative Extension. Further, development of this resource was made possible through grant funding from the USDA Local Food Promotion Program.
 


NEWSLETTERS  |  CURRENT PROJECTS  |  IMPACT IN NY  |  SPONSORSHIP  |  RESOURCES  |  SITE MAP
Eastern New York Commercial Horticulture - Cornell Cooperative Extension
Your Trusted Source for Research-Based Knowledge